Mining Truck Simulator
Version 2.0 of the mining truck simulator offers significant improvements to provide even more operator training help, including:
- Support for 3 forward-looking flat-screen displays
- New 3D modeling of the haul truck and dashboard,
- New simulated physics with several levels of wet/slippery driving conditions,
- New graphics, now with many levels of "fog,"
- A new simulation module to practice driving in reverse, and
- New performance indicators focused on tire management and poor operating practices.
This mining truck simulator puts you at the controls of a heavy haul truck at work in a typical mine site, where it interacts with a simulated electric rope shovel.
Simulator training significantly reduces the need to use production trucks for training. New operators can become proficient with basic truck operation and controls in a safe environment; this helps them to be more productive once they graduate to an actual haul truck for field training. Since they have already mastered the core skills of haul truck operation, trainees are able to complete the on-boarding process faster when they transition to an actual haul truck for field training. Best of all, you don't have to pull a truck out of production to conduct this simulator training!
New: Use 3 displays for added realism
With version 2.0 of the mining truck simulator, you can use three forward-looking big screen displays to look to the left, straight ahead and to the right, creating a field of view of 180 degrees. If space or your budget is limited, the simulator can still be run on a single screen. Best of all, this is also supported using a single high-end, off-the-shelf PC!
The mining truck simulator consists of ten simulation modules of increasing difficulty:
- Controls familiarization
- Corridor driving 1 and 2, with wider and narrower corridors (to teach accurate driving skills)
- Corridor driving 3 to practice driving backwards (NEW!)
- Mine site driving 1 and 2, with shorter and longer driving distances
- Loading - interacting with an electric rope shovel
- Compete haul cycle 1 and 2, with shorter and longer driving distances
For each simulation module, key performance indicators are measured such as execution time, haul truck driving speeds, and brake temperatures. Other performance indicators are associated with the use of the controls including retarder, gear selector and hoist control lever. For loading and dumping, additional performance indicators measure positioning time and accuracy.
The software measures how quickly and how carefully the simulated work is performed, including execution time, maximum driving speed, and the occurrence of termination faults such as improper gear changing and hoist control.
Video demonstrations of the mining truck simulator
These video clips illustrate the capabilities of the mining truck simulator:
There's no need to worry about supervising the simulator-based training, because simulation results are automatically saved on your PC's hard drive for you and your trainee to review later when you have time.
To make the record-keeping even easier, simulation results can also be saved in a single database using Simulation Manager. You can create individual "accounts" for your simulator users with distinct login names and passwords and create "classes" of simulator users.
Controls enable simulation of different truck types
You can either use a pedal or a separate lever for retarding, to reproduce the functionality of operator controls in a wide variety of mining trucks. A vibration system is also available to enhance the simulation experience. For more details on the control options for the mining truck simulator, please click here.
Benefits of mining truck simulation
- Simulator training significantly reduces the need to use production trucks for training.
- You can use it to pre-screen new hires and identify those with the greatest natural aptitude for operating equipment.
- It provides your new hires with consistent training, because everyone works through the same exercises in a logical order. This enables you to establish performance benchmarks and elevate the proficiency of all of your truck operators.
Integration with VISTA's innovative TruckLogic™ curriculum
The mining truck simulator is an integral element of VISTA's innovative haul truck operator training curriculum. TruckLogic™ is a revolutionary new model of haul truck operator training, which integrates web-based training, simulation and on-the-job training tools. It is designed to help your mine to train your new haul truck operators faster and at a lower cost than traditional instructor-led training, while also improving safety in the mine. This unique approach to operator training is a first in the mining industry.
The mining truck simulator is available in English, French or Spanish.
Please contact us for pricing of a commercial software license for the mining truck simulator. Even small accidents due to inexperience can cost thousands of dollars in replacement parts and downtime, far in excess of your investment in this training tool. This represents an excellent training value, and also improves operator safety - a priceless investment in the health and wellness of the workers in your mine.
Contact us for more information
For more information about this mining truck simulator, please contact us at 800-942-2886 or 262-514-2886 or via e-mail at email@example.com.